Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify a Senior User Experience Designer for a 6-month contract opportunity. The right candidate will provide user experience guidance to our client's business units including Sales, Marketing, Completions, Product Support, and Business Technology.
Define interaction models, user task flows, and interface specifications. Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs to stakeholders and development teams. Typically responsible for ownership of a project or a significant product release. Formally or informally presents design concepts and deliverables to design team and internal stakeholders and gets approval to move projects forward and drive them to completion. Participates in both internal and external design reviews.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Gather user needs via design research methods.
2. Communicate learnings and requirements to business colleagues.
3. Generate ideas via sketches, mockups, and prototypes for testing with users. 4. Research existing design patterns and best practices and apply to design problems. 5. Critique and refine design ideas with UX team members.
6. Create user tasks and conduct usability tests to evaluate concept directions.
7. Create mockups and prototypes to communicate desired directions to development team members.
8. Create final specs and assets for implementation.
9. Work collaboratively with developers to create solutions that find a balance between business needs, usability, and development effort.
10. Support and improve our existing portfolio of products.
1. Proactively identifies opportunities to improve existing methodologies, processes or other areas of performance.
2. Proactively communicates issues and status as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
3. Using knowledge of research methodologies and design patterns, mentors junior staff on UX competencies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1.Bachelor's Degree in User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction or relevant curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
2. A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
3. 6 years experience as a UX professional.
1. Experience working in teams.
2. Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies preferred.
3. A portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills, and the ability to articulate your role on the projects it contains.