Velocity Staff is working with our client in Kansas City, MO to find for a 3-6 month contract to hire opportunity, a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator III.
This position assumes a lead role in the deployment, design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of infrastructure applications and servers pertaining to the UNIX operating system.
• Leads the installation, upgrade and configuration of infrastructure systems and applications.
• Monitors and tests infrastructure systems in an effort to predict potential points of failure, implementing solutions when identified.
• Develops and maintains infrastructure applications and system configuration documentation.
• Provides technical support and guidance for systems-related issues. Uses knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Ensures timely resolution of problems.
• Supports backup and recovery systems and processes as directed by organization and IT standards and policies.
• Supports SAN infrastructure and all components.
• Supports disaster recovery processes and testing.
• Provides leadership for the Technical Services team, including:
o Identifies appropriate approaches to departmental goals
o Assesses Technical Services for compliance with organization and IT standards and policies (for example backup and recovery procedures, data security, etc.). Ensures timely resolution to problems. Recommends and plans for system upgrades and improvements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4 years of systems administration experience
6 years of systems administration experience