Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify an Endpoint Management Specialist - Mobility, for a full time, direct hire opportunity. This position also has potential for candidates to work in the following locations: Atlanta GA, Dallas TX and Long Beach CA.
Stand up business technology infrastructure framework to support the enterprise and leading patching and deployment staff functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Solve complex problems in a complex, large-scale, and multi datacenter environment.
2. Develop workstation configurations that consider the requirements of several unique business applications processing simultaneously on a particular workstation or group of workstations.
3. Analyze, document, package, test, and distribute business applications, workstation packages and utilities in accordance with DOD standards.
4. Manage workstation / server images for a multiple OS environments, implement quarterly image updates, maintain configuration documentation.
5. Plan, design and test vendor client/server packages for new software, patches, and new releases, to insure application to workstations has the desired effect.
6. Manage and maintain endpoint systems management infrastructure.
7. Implementation of DISA STIG and DOD Security Requirements.
8. Virtualization of applications and automation/scripting of processes.
9. Installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting Microsoft, Linux & Unix products.
10. Patching management, Software Distribution and reporting.
11. Working ServiceNow incidents related to workstation issues.
12. Troubleshooting issues related to workstation and application performance.
13. Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation associated with enterprise projects and systems.
14. Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into production.
15. Work with Project Managers to break down a project into tasks, resources and timelines.
16. Collaborate, document, and share information to improve the team toward providing outstanding customer support. Perform other duties as assigned.
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Skill and experience in one of the following, Airwatch and/or Intune required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or technology related field preferred. Five (5) years experience with one of the following Infrastructure endpoint management tools: SCCM, Airwatch, Sophos AV, Centrify, Casper, Red Hat Satellite Or SUSE Manager. Certification desired. Three (3) years of experience in planning and executing software deployment/patching activities. Three (3) years experience in endpoint management system design & implementation.
1. Task sequencing, integration, and automation experience of endpoint management systems.
2. Solid background with Windows, Linux or Unix Operating Systems.
3. VDI experience desirable.
4. Puppet, Chef, OpenStack, PowerShell experience a Plus.
5. Strong verbal and written communication.
6. Proficient in MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel 2010.
7. Working knowledge of ServiceNow.
8. Outstanding customer service with strong communication skills, sound judgment, negotiating, and decision making skills.
9. Knowledge of Power Shell, infrastructure automation and command scripts.
10. PKI familiarity.
11. Patch management and reporting experience.
12. Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.