Velocity Staff, Inc. is currently working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify a Senior Server Architect for a direct hire opportunity. The Senior Server Architect will provide expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of server systems. Analyze server requirements to ensure the system meets performance needs. Recommend technology purchases that will support and enhance the server systems.
1. Provide Server (Physical & Virtual) architectural expertise to managers and technical staff, and develop architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines in accordance with the strategy and goals
2. Serve as a technical and business-savvy resource to server architectural and engineering personnel on a range of design issues to implement and improve core software infrastructure
3. Perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation
4. Lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams in reviewing and recommending infrastructure architectural design and standards on emerging technologies, trends, practices, and concepts
5. Develop the strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support Cloud (Private, Hybrid & Public) Architecture - IaaS/"Cloud" computing, and virtualization networking (Linux bridge, Open vSwitch, VXLAN, SDN)
6. Design, implement and execute server infrastructure, migration strategies, and integration/coexistence for a wide range of medium to enterprise-level initiatives projects
7. Create design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization. Participates in the definition of IT architecture to ensure that the IT organization's IT solutions are built within a consistent framework A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
1. Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with architecture, implementation and support of Microsoft Technologies: Active Directory, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Private Cloud setup using Scale Out File Server, Storage Pools and Spaces), Microsoft Failover Clusters
2. Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with architecture, implementation and support of Cisco UCS Blade servers
3. Experience with SaaS, logging, monitoring, and medium to large scale architecture
4. Familiarity with Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs), Subnets, Routing Tables, Access Control Lists (ACLs), Security Groups, Direct Connect, Rout53, DNS, and Load Balancing
5. Familiarity with MS technologies (SharePoint, Exchange); LDAP
6. Experience with conducting proof-of-concept, developing prototyping, and building reference models
7. Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with architecture, implementation and support of VMware ESX, Vblock, VMWare vSphere & vRealize Suite