Velocity Staff, Inc. is currently working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify a Senior Storage Architect for a direct hire opportunity. The Senior Storage Architect will plan, design, and analyze the organization's storage, backup/recovery, infrastructure according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data quality/availability and backup/recovery solutions.
1. Develop, implement, and oversee activities related to storage, backup/recovery solutions for projects, as well as responsible for capacity planning, backup and restore process design, performance analysis, and developing data disaster recovery plans.
2. Work closely with operations, project management, application development, network, and cross vertical architecture teams in developing a scalable, maintainable, consistent, highly available storage architecture that meets business objectives and supports any service level agreements.
3. Develop and implement data storage design and backup/recovery environments from documented requirements mapped to data and application strategy.
4. Build SAN capacity reporting forecasting and performance monitoring framework for alerting, trending and planning purposes; Perform capacity planning analysis and other needs assessments to inform storage architecture strategy.
5. Work with infrastructure product vendors and Infrastructure and Enterprise Architects to implement infrastructure improvements, and new infrastructure products and technology.
6. Establish strategies for storage consolidation, centralization, and optimization to reduce downtime and costs while improving security and storage performance.
7. Design redundant systems and policies for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of storage appliances and stored data assets.
Percentage of travel - up to 25%
Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or technology related field highly preferred. Ten (10) years experience in storage architecture. See Other Requirements.
1. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to colleagues on SAN related issues and/or tasks
2. Deep technical expertise including installing, integrating, implementing, and supporting a multiple storage systems including EMC, IBM technologies and SAN Fabric
3. Technical expertise with data protection technology
4. Configuration experience of storage components, including but not limited to NetApp, IBM, VNXe, VNX, VMAX 10K/20K/40K, Powerpath, MDS and Brocade, SAN arrays, Cisco SAN Switches, IBM Storage Tools, IBM Storage systems, Netapp FAS2xxxx, 8xxxx, Back Up tools like TSM, Avamar etc.
5. Background in Storage concepts: SCSI, NAS, SAS, Drive technologies
6. Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with architecture, implementation and support of Microsoft Technologies (Private Cloud setup using Scale Out File Server, Storage Pools and Spaces)
7. Experience with conducting proof-of-concept, developing prototyping, and building reference models
8. Knowledge of leading-edge products/technology and industry in order to effectively participate on business unit and architectural boards
9. Understanding of engineering of complex solutions
10. Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure