Velocity Staff, Inc. is currently working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify a Lead Linux / Unix Server Supervisor for a direct hire opportunity. This can be a REMOTE position. The Lead Linux / Unix Server Administrator will assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of Linux/ Unix teams in different geographic locations to ensure an appropriate level of support. Assists the Infrastructure Services Manager on policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, and corrected.
1. Assist defining and establishing priorities, providing support/direction and performing administrative tasks as needed
2. Oversees installs, tests, and maintains Linux/ Unix Server environment and supported software systems
3. Collects and assesses information from the user community in software and hardware problem resolution
4. Defining and tracking metrics and key performance indicators to raise the bar in team performance and customer service
5. Reduce errors working with the Linux/ Unix administrators through process improvement and root cause analysis
6. Keeps up to date with current trends and be prepared to make recommendations
7. Produces support documentation on demand and periodically with the Manager of Infrastructure Services and others
8. Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
9. Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
10. Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
11. Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team
12. Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
13. Drive to meet or exceed organizational goals for quality, cost per contact, customer satisfaction, first contact resolution and service availability
14. Participate in engagements that have a strong business & technology focus
15. Demonstrate strong customer service skills to provide onsite technical support focusing on strong listening skills to gain an accurate understanding of the situation, displaying a sense of urgency to resolve customer issues
16. Ensure root cause analysis is performed in accordance with client policies and standards
17. Produce accurate documentation at the client and incident level
18. Constantly drive for process improvement Perform other duties as assigned.
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Bachelor's Degree Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or technology related field highly preferred. At least one of the following industry certifications preferred: RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, VMware VCP version 5 or 6 preferred. Seven (7) years experience providing expert Linux/ Unix administrator support and senior level server and configuration support required.
1. Experience with Linux/ Unix servers in virtualized environments.
2. Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages.
3. Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
4. Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Puppet and Chef.
5. Familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc.
6. Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc.
7. Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware.
8. Ability to build and monitor services on production servers.