Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in the authoring of technical publications. Four (4) years of Technical Publications writing experience. Advanced knowledge of all aircraft systems methodology.
- At least three (3) years of Standard Graphic Markup Language (SGML) or SGML-related software applications
- Strong technical writing and communication skills are required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint and Engineering Orders.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft tools, test equipment, vendor coding, parts nomenclature, maintenance procedures, and of aircraft equipment and maintenance.
Desirable unique skills are:
- Experience with ENOVIA SmarTeam or similar Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) database products
- Familiarization with CATIA 3D modeling and 2D CAD standards, format and 3D/2D software products
- Hands-on experience or working knowledge of aircraft inspection programs, aviation regulations, and OEM technical manuals development
- Experience authoring with S1000D Spec Familiarization with Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS)
- Candidate should have extensive experience developing new and making revisions to Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) procedures. Experience should include, but not limited to, on-aircraft field level maintenance and inspection procedures, wire diagram and/or standard wire practice manual content from supplier and engineering data
- Experience with ENOVIA SmarTeam or similar Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) database products strong desire
- Familiarization with CATIA three-dimensional (3D) modeling and two-dimensional (2D) CAD standards, format, and 3D/2D software products
- 'Hands-on' experience or working knowledge of aircraft inspection programs, aviation regulations, aircraft system content organization and OEM technical manuals development preferred, as a minimum candidate should possess knowledge of the MSG-3 Maintenance Program and ISC Sustaining proces
- Experience with aircraft technical manual content organization and authoring using S1000D spec and SNS, or recent experience of the same using iSpec standards require
- Familiarization with Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS) best practices, applicable CFRs and development of related maintenance procedures desired
- Accustom to working in a fast paced project environment and able to work overtime as required to meet deadlines
- Understanding of and practical experience with Simplified Technical English, Spec ASD-STE100 and use of STE validation software desired
- Mentor Graphics Capital Harness Systems (CHS) knowledge a plus