Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify a Manager Virtualization and Storage Team to join their team on a direct hire basis. The Virtualization and Storage Team Manager will oversee the technical support of systems supporting Compute, Storage and backup Services (VMware, Storage and Backup). Assists the DC Operations Senior Manager on policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, and improved.
1. Ensure operational processes are followed and compute, store and backup are maintained in accordance with company standards and leading practices.
3. Manage Virtualization, Storage, and backup team, establishing support priorities, providing support/direction and performing administrative tasks as needed.
4. Track support team performance toward contractual obligations and metrics, and prioritize personnel support efforts.
5. Lead and participate in engagements that have a strong business & technology focus
6. Manage incident resolution within the environment, facilitating collaboration among other infrastructure and business service support teams as required.
7. Serve as an escalation point from application support teams for major incidents, and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders as required.
8. Ensure that infrastructure services are fully integrated with our client's service management system.
9. Lead infrastructure services capacity planning and consolidation efforts in areas of technical subject matter expertise.
10. Collaborate with infrastructure engineering to evaluate and recommend tools and processes that enhance the stability and functionality of the server, storage and backup environment, ensuring that any new technologies are compatible with existing client architecture and standards.
11. Define and establish infrastructure service definitions.
12. Oversee operations and maintenance of VMWare, Storage Systems environment, backups, and supported software systems.
13. Drive to meet or exceed organizational goals for quality, cost per contact, customer satisfaction, contact resolution and service availability.
14. Keep up to date with current trends and be prepared to make recommendations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
1. At least three of the following industry certifications preferred: VMWare, VSphere, EMC Storage, VMware VCP version 5 or 6, Cisco UCS (Unified Computing), and backup systems (TSM highly desirable).
2. Expert with services such as VMWare, VSphere, VCenter, Storage systems operations, and backup and recovery.
3. Strong grasp on configuration management tools in Virtualized environments (e.g., VSphere required, Foglight or others desired).
4. Expert with VMWare, Storage servers in high availability virtual environments.
5. Experience with backup systems in virtualized Wintel, Linux and AIX/Unix environments.
6. Familiarity with the fundamentals of scripting languages.
7. Advanced with load balancing and High Availability Virtualized Systems, etc.
8. Extensive experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware Clusters (not Hyper-V or Nutanix).
9. Proficient with network tools such as Foglight, or any other monitoring within virtualized environments.
10. Fully versed in vMotion, DRS, and High Availability systems.
Education and Experience Requirements: