Velocity Staff is working with our client in Kansas City to find an Enterprise Application Administrator to join their team on a 12+ month contract opportunity.
With minimal supervision, the Enterprise Application Administrator III primary roles involve ownership and support of software infrastructure and application suites along with problem analytics, maintenance obligations and appropriate documentation.
Candidates require a broad sense of an entire application environment not just their own as most problem management occurs outside of the normal daily functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Acquisition & Deployment -
Skills, Knowledge and abilities:
• Understands and considers standard computing infrastructure concepts, best practices and procedures related to system administration.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative.
• Working knowledge of multiple operating/networking systems and enterprise applications/utilities with expertise in at least one operating system (including virtualization technologies).
• The ability to merge business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and service level agreements into the focus of the configuration items managed in the environment.
• Hands on experience in process automation, best approach, technology efficiency, and effectiveness.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees verbally and written, both technical and non-technical.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions adapting quickly searching for alternative and/or innovative solutions to changing priorities.
College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4 years of systems administration or other relevant experience. OR 6 years of systems administration or other relevant experience.
2-4 years performing Splunk administration in a clustered environment. Administration work should Include onboarding experience with custom source types and dashboard development. Hands on experience with Linux platform, regular expressions and XML is required, python and powershell scripting is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years business analyst experience
• 4 years of business analyst experience
NERC CIP CII Training will be provided by the client.