Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify a Senior Manager of Network Services to join their team on a direct hire basis. The Senior Manager of Network Services role provides leadership over network services operations to support data, voice, video, telephony, and other network dependent technologies.
1. Oversee technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability, operation, and effectiveness analyses for technologies utilized
2. Oversee implementation of enterprise solutions focused in the areas of network (LAN, WAN, Wireless)
3. Analyze network functions and evaluate the services provided; develop plan of action and recommendations
4. Achieve and maintain appropriate network related service levels
5. Provide second level support for any network related disruptions of service
6. Identify milestones and issues to be addressed, and generate reports as required.
7. Optimize IT network resources including budget and organization structure
8. Facilitate effective communication between executive management, business, consumers and IT management to ensure efficient approach to IT solution implementation
9. Provide guidance to network services group employees and contractors
10. Lead Champion for Network Services across entire enterprise IT continuum
Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, planning, and decision making skills.
2. Competence in advanced networking technologies, virtualization technologies, and solutions including MPLS, virtual route forwarding, virtual device contexts, multicast routing, policy-based routing, ether-channel, QoS, traffic-shaping, load balancing, VPN tunnels, WAN Optimization, etc.
3. Deep comprehension of networking concepts including network design principles, data flow determination, routing, switching, VLANs, IP addressing, etc.
4. Wide experience in network engineering strategy, architecture, design, and implementation as applied to complex computing systems including routing and switching technologies, load balancing including data center network design, firewalls, load balancers etc.
5. Strong skills in Cisco unified communications and collaboration architecture, experience with Cisco, Tandberg, Polycom infrastructure and cloud based solutions.
6. Experience with mainstream Unified Communications Platforms including, Jabber, Lync and Skype for Business.
Network Engineering, Voice Engineering, Avaya System Administration
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or technology related field preferred.
Eight (8) years in network services related fields to include 4 years experience managing professional level employees or medium to large, cross-functional teams or projects.