The java developer works in a team environment to support programs in production and systems development and is responsible for developing and updating programs that are defect free and meet or exceed service level performance metrics. The Developer will also perform Application Administrator type support, and will provide 1st level support initially, and then tier 2/tier 3 support of production system processing and applications. This includes job automation, running SQL scripts, reviewing logs, system and application monitoring, maintenance, patch management, software upgrades, file transfers, backups, first level troubleshooting and support. The design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, and modification of automated batch processing based on user and system specifications.
- Converting data from specifications and problem statements to computer code to solve business or technology problems.
- Performs moderately complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods and best practices.
- Performs application support, tier 2 / tier 3, currently will provide tier 1 support until helpdesk is in place.
- Participates in an Agile-based team environment to develop core business and web solutions to bring competitive advantage to client
- Flexibility in schedule, Tier 1 support until Help Desk is staffed, then tier 2 / 3 support. On-call rotation and help with application/model upgrades.
- Assisting in / driving the roll-out of the application across terminals. Work performed in Overland Park.
- Acquires and interprets business requirements, creates functional specifications and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Performs analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or customer requirements to design and build business solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Contributes to and reviews technical designs of software solutions.
- Works with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with developers to implement solutions, resolve problems and perform code reviews.
- Follows development best practices such as version control, unit testing, continuous integration, performance and security testing, and appropriate documentation.
- Ensures quality and maintains performance of deployed solutions.
- Works with stakeholders following the Agile Scrum software development process.
- Provides technical support and participates in on-call rotation to resolve critical application issues.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production issues.
- Assists with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.