Velocity Staff is working with our client located in Downtown Kansas City to find a Communications Traffic Coordinator to join their team for a 9+ month contract opportunity.
The Traffic Coordinator is responsible for tracking and coordinating the flow of projects in the Corporate Communications department to ensure deadlines are met. This position will work closely with the management team to maintain timelines, efficiency and effectiveness for projects in the department. The Coordinator will liaise internally with team members and externally with vendors, while managing the flow of information to ensure timely and efficient delivery of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for tracking projects in the department, as assigned
• Maintain organization of relevant files and project documentation on server
• Schedule meetings in Microsoft Outlook needed to conduct project work, prepare agendas and other collateral that may be needed for meetings
• Take meeting notes and ensure project stakeholders have needed information
• Work with other members of department to ensure projects meet deadlines
• Assist with management of production of marketing material and printed deliverables
• Solicit bids from vendors for print, decor and other miscellaneous projects, as assigned
• Proofread communications materials, according to AP style
• Facilitate approval processes, ensuring they run on time and necessary approvals are obtained and documented
• Assist with writing first drafts of some communications materials, such as newsletter articles, social media posts, billing inserts, fliers, web copy, email responses, etc.
• Assists with the planning, organization and execution of special events
• Strong organizational skills, highly detail-orientated, while working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with a variety of different personalities
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong people and organizational skills; along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic understanding of Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, file formats for print and prepress processes
• Marketing communications writing ability
• Knowledge of Associated Press Stylebook
• Ability to handle ambiguity and prioritize workflow to meet deadlines
• Must be resourceful and detail-oriented, a willingness to fact check and triple check work
• An earnest ability to prioritize projects
• Ability to acknowledge and assist when a team member is in need of help
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing, advertising, public relations desired or equivalent combination of experience and education
• 1-3 years experience working in a communication agency coordinator or traffic role
Rather than assisting with all projects in the Corporate Communications department, this person will focus on several initiatives, as assigned.