With general supervision, this position supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots telecommunications systems; and provides end user support for system-related problems.
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to Telecommunications operations, including installation, maintenance, and administration of both local and remote systems.
- Working knowledge of analog and digital voice grade circuits, including proper alignment techniques and testing practices. Understands both digital and optical hierarchies and their application throughout the corporate and public networks.
- Working knowledge of Call Center operations relative to telecommunications systems, including installation, maintenance, and support of PBX, ACD and all associated equipment to meet required Call Center specifications.
- Familiar with business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and service level agreements.
- Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with members of the technical team.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with end-users.
- Creates and maintains professional and business relationships with telecommunications vendors and contractors.
- Manages time effectively while assuring attention to details.
- Finishes tasks accurately, completely and on time.
- Makes sound decisions with general guidance.
- Takes the initiative to seek and identify appropriate solutions to problems.
- Installs equipment in a timely manner.
- Monitors, maintains and repairs telecommunications system components (for example, PBX, ACD, TDM, and VRU).
- Supports fiber-optic and telephone cables.
- Assists with designing, configuring, and supporting client voicemail messaging system and phone systems/infrastructure (both wired and wireless), assuring that requirements are met.
- Assists with evaluating new products and working with vendors to develop telecommunications solutions for business needs.
- Recommends upgrades, patches and new applications/equipment.
- Participates in projects/systems/issues of medium complexity as team member.
- Provides technical support and guidance to end users. Guides the user through diagnostic and resolution procedures, using clear and concise directions.
- Troubleshoots issues using good judgment, attention to detail and in a timely manner. Escalates problems when necessary and learns from their successful resolution for future issues.
- Provides input into the disaster recovery plan, understanding and considering organization and IT standards and policies.