Velocity Staff is working with our client, located in downtown Kansas City, MO to find for a 6+ month contract opportunity, an QA Analyst to join their team.
This position is responsible for supporting one or more technology projects to completion by working with a Program or Project Manager and both IT and business team members to provide testing support with various activities including facilitating testing meetings, development of process flows, supporting requirement creation, development of test strategy, test cases and other testing documentation. The QA Analyst will ensure that the requirements, test cases and testing criteria are documented accurately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Obtain approvals for test cycle entry/exit
• Work with key stakeholders to improve the processes supported by QA.
• Ensuring testing artifacts (test cases, test results, and test data) are properly archived for future use.
• Support the creation and maintenance of detailed system requirements, including gathering input from various technical teams and business groups
• Support project managers and other team members in creation of necessary project documentation
• Conducting daily testing meeting to track testing progress and defect resolution status
• Provide business analysis and quality assurance assistance to Team Lead with test strategy documentation, test plan creation, coordination of creation of test scenarios/cases/steps.
• Conduct root cause analysis to identify process improvements.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of test cases to support the various business processes and requirements that have been gathered for the project; this may include test cases for unit testing, component and functional testing, system integration testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing
• Support the creation and maintenance of detailed business requirements, including eliciting requirements from the project stakeholders
• Work with testing team to assist in creation of test scenarios/test cases in approved format.
• Other business and quality analyst duties as needed. Support the creation and maintenance of detailed business process flow documentation, including soliciting input on people, processes and technologies involved in the business process from stakeholders
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel - 4-5 years exp
• Experience presenting in small to mid-sized groups (at least two years)
• Experience with HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) or other automated requirements and test case tracking tools - 4-5 years exp
• Experience facilitating testing meetings, development of process flows, supporting requirement creation, development of test strategy, test cases and other testing documentation.
• Able to provide written examples of business process flow documentation
• Able to provide written examples of business and/or system requirements documentation
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
• Experience in the utility industry is preferred
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
• Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• BS/BA in technical field/business or equivalent experience
• 5+ years in business analysis and/or system analysis spanning all functional areas