Velocity Staff, Inc. is currently working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify a Software Engineer II become a key member of our client's software team responsible for their Cabin Management system and related components within the cabin of advanced aircraft. This is a long term contract opportunity.
1) Designs, develops, tests, and integrates software modules of varying scope and complexity to meet program objectives
2) Works within a team environment, promoting cohesiveness and continuous improvement
3) Maintains and troubleshoots multiple software projects designed for various platforms, with primary focus on Java platforms & products
4) Interfaces with other groups and customers as needed during design/development and troubleshooting
5) Maintains a current knowledge of developments, both process and technical, related to software development in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness, as well as to offer creative and informed opinions in the course of troubleshooting and debugging.
- Self-motivated and able to work under limited supervision when required
- Proficiency developing/maintaining Java applications
- Experience using revision control, git preferred
- Ability to follow a software development process, such as Agile
- Experience with one or more of the following a plus: UI/UX design/development, Design Patterns, Spring
- Network engineering skills are a plus
- Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- See Other Requirements in Job Description. 18 months related engineering experience with Bachelors degree.
- Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Masters Degree and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job position.