Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify an IT Project Manager to join their team on a 12-month contract for hire opportunity.
Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for defining the projects objectives and providing day-to-day coordination to ensure quality control throughout the projects life cycle.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops individual group project plans (project work scope, task descriptions, budget estimates and manpower requirements) to meet objectives and commitments.
2. Develops, maintains, and monitors master project schedule.
3. Defines and implements project standards and processes for structuring all IT projects, including process/documentation evaluation and improvement.
4. Tracks projected vs actual project performance and informs management of accomplishments and major problem areas as well as budget & schedule status.
5. Develops and executes enterprise-wide communication plan as related to milestones via status reports, and presentations suitable for all levels of management and staff.
6. Conducts post implementation project reviews to evaluate sustaining support and document lessons learned.