Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Kansas City. MO to identify a Telecommunications Support III professional for an 18 month contract opportunity.
With general supervision, this position supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots telecommunications systems; and provides end user support for system-related problems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Computer Science or Information Technology or other related field and 4 years of relevant telecommunications experience
OR 9 years of relevant telecommunications experience
This position assumes a lead role in the deployment, design, configuration, and maintenance of telecommunications systems as well as installation of telecommunication hardware for Telecommunications Services.
• Working knowledge of standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to telecom network operations, installation and maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
• Working knowledge of ACD and Call Center telecommunications practices, including the support of all associated adjuncts and their interrelationships with Call Center operations.
• Working knowledge of telecom systems, dial plans, switching architecture, telephony and wiring, proper grounding and lightening protection practices and CD power systems.
• Working knowledge of VOIP services and its applications to corporate communications systems.
• Working knowledge of the design and implementation of disaster recovery systems.
• Working knowledge of communications systems reliability and survivability concepts and components.
• Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and service level agreements.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
• Establishes cooperative relationships with departments.
• Creates and maintains professional and business relationships with telecommunications vendors and contractors.
• Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
• Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.