Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Savannah, GA to identify an IT Project Manager to join their team for a 12+ month contract based opportunity.
Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for defining the projects objectives and providing day-to-day coordination to ensure quality control throughout the projects life cycle.
1. Develops individual group project plans (project work scope, task descriptions, budget estimates and manpower requirements) to meet objectives and commitments.
2. Develops, maintains, and monitors master project schedule.
3. Defines and implements project standards and processes for structuring all IT projects, including process/documentation evaluation and improvement.
4. Tracks projected vs actual project performance and informs management of accomplishments and major problem areas as well as budget & schedule status.
5. Develops and executes enterprise-wide communication plan as related to milestones via status reports, and presentations suitable for all levels of management and staff.
6. Conducts post implementation project reviews to evaluate sustaining support and document lessons learned.
1. Develops project documents through work with business analyst, technical and customer contacts.
2. Maintains current knowledge of technical and process developments in the project management arena.
3. Maintains and analyzes project budget.
4. A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Experienced in managing and monitoring the work of team members and ability to provide project leadership and training.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of accepted Project Management principles and practices.
3. Excellent analytical skills with special attention to detail.
4. Ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional teams and meetings.
5. Ability to meet tight deadlines.
6. Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
7. Ability to successfully build teams and foster an atmosphere of collaboration.
8. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with managers, directors, a diverse department, and a variety of internal and external customers.
9. Works to resolve resource constraints by leveling resources in project planning activities.
10. Works to secure funding from project sponsors for unbudgeted efforts.
11. Identifies/escalates issues as necessary.
12. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
13. Excellent presentation design and delivery skills.
14. A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
Experience with managing infrastructure focused projects (e.g. data center remediation, data center build out, network renovation) required.
Experience managing the following types a project a plus: • Server build management and automation • New facility build outs • Disaster recovery
Education and Experience Requirements: