Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Topeka, KS to identify for a 6+ month contract opportunity, a Senior Sourcing Specialist.
• Serve as a local liaison for procurement and participate with business partners in planning discussions. Clarify sourcing requirements/ opportunities.
• Build customers’ understanding of enterprise requirements and SCM strategic direction
• Source and contract for moderately-complex products and services as part of a cross-functional team, in a manner consistent with category strategies (if applicable) that generates economic value and reduced risk:
• Develop RFPs consistent with needs of the business and with any longer-term strategies or plans
• Identify potential suppliers (including diverse suppliers), evaluating supplier qualifications and internal support for inclusion
• Keep stakeholders apprised of plans and status of sourcing events. Serve as exclusive supplier contact during RFPs, leading pre-bid meetings, responding to supplier questions, etc. as needed
•Lead cross-functional team in developing evaluation criteria
• Prepare evaluation of commercial proposals
• Analyze pricing proposals
• Develop and execute negotiation plan
• Recommend awards
• Develop contract documents to conform to Company policies and procedures, reflect negotiated agreement, reduce risk and assure required performance
• Review contracts with stakeholders to manage specific risks and assure agreement with proposed terms and conditions
• Serve as a resource for routine questions and issues relating to completed contracts; review requirements and options for resolution or refer to Category Manager as appropriate.
The Senior Sourcing Specialist serves as the local day-to-day representative of Procurement for a primary business location (e.g., a major power plant), or for a designated function (e.g., a set of Delivery or Corporate customers) for emergent and near-term needs. This position is the liaison between Supply Chain and the localized business interests and/or other corporate stakeholders. The position builds strong business relationships with their designated customer group or business location by being the primary procurement contact ensuring innovative and cost-effective sourcing and contracting. Sourcing and contracting outcomes should provide the best match for the business need identified, minimize legal and business risk and provide a favorable benefit-cost relationship.
• Ability to lead sourcing and contracting events in a manner consistent with long-term strategies and plans, and in a manner that generates economic value and reduced riskl
• Understanding of the role of sourcing in meeting company goals, and how Supply Chain creates value for the enterprise.
• Knowledgeable of procurement contracting provisions and contracting processes and how to leverage optimal outcomes with reduced risk and long-term best value results.
• Effective negotiator with ability to develop and lead negotiations that generate economic value and reduce business and legal risk.
• Effective multi-tasker, prioritizing, addressing and advancing multiple projects and issues concurrently in a fast-paced environment, keeping relevant stakeholders informed.
• Ability to effectively influence others including internal customers and suppliers.
• Strong customer focus and advocate.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to assess and resolve routine issues, optimizing outcomes.
• Commitment to collaborate with suppliers, business partners and cross-functional teams.
• Ability to identify improvement opportunities and recommend action and/or lead change initiatives to achieve improved results Education/Experience.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field is required. An advanced degree or certification would be preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of progressively increasing responsibility in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or business operations. Experience in the energy, utilities, manufacturing or construction industry would be preferred.
• Working knowledge of the operations, needs and preferences of a designated customer group (e.g., a single large power plant, a group of smaller power plants, or a set of Corporate or Delivery clients).
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead multiple mid-level sourcing and contracting events (typically under $1M, moderately-complex, involving moderate visibility, risk, mission-criticality or other significance) concurrently in a matrix organization.
• Ability to apply knowledge of procurement, risk management, negotiating and contracting principles and best practices including applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Good financial and analytical skills, oral and written communication, interpersonal and influence skills and experience in enhancing value through negotiations.
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; working knowledge of PeopleSoft or other Supply Chain Management/ERP software.
Must have experience gathering data for RFP and creating and executing contracts. Must have general procurement experience.