Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Topeka, KS to identify for a 6+ month contract opportunity, a Sourcing Agent.
• Execute and manage the full life-cycle of procurement transactions for contract-based materials and services including purchase order creation, dispatch, acknowledgement, expediting, match exception resolution and purchase order close. Supports both autosourced and non-autosourced transactions.
• Process requisitions for routine, well-specified materials (and occasionally services) not on contract. Solicit, evaluate and document quotes as required, in addition to creating POs, dispatching POs, obtaining acknowledgements, expediting, resolving match exceptions and closing POs.
• Perform routine administrative tasks in support of projects led by Negotiators and Sourcing Specialists such as:
• Distribute and collect NDAs required prior to issuance of RFXs
• Gather, organize and prepare/post drawings, requirements and specifications for RFPs
• Gather preliminary supplier lists, seeking to include diverse suppliers • Schedule meetings on behalf of sourcing leads
• May attend pre-bid meetings to record questions, clarifications and modifications
• Set up new suppliers, Issue POs, Create bid tabulations, Resolve match exceptions
• Collect/organize supplier questions and gather information for responses during RFP
• Gather/organize final documentation for completed projects
• Provide secondary support for department operations such as planning/scheduling meetings, administering internal and external electronic resources (SharePoint sites, client systems, Experian, PSC, etc.), gathering information and obtaining office supplies.
The Sourcing Agent performs routine, low-complexity procurements below the bid threshold, primarily for products but occasionally for routine services. This includes requirements clarification, soliciting bids, evaluating quotations and selecting suppliers in a manner that maximizes total long-term value to the enterprise and optimizes the cost/benefit relationship while meeting or exceeding delivery, quality, service risk management and diversity requirements. This position also supports Negotiators and Sourcing Specialists by completing routine administrative requests and/or specific tasks within larger sourcing projects.
• Ability to complete routine procurement transactions effectively, efficiently and accurately from requisition to purchase order close in a fast-paced environment
• Awareness of procure-to-pay process and procurement-related policies, procedures, processes and risks, and ability to apply that understanding to daily work
• Basic understanding of the role of procurement and how procurement creates value for the enterprise
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and/or other procurement-related software
• Proficiency in creating and manipulating basic spreadsheets and creating Word documents
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer service and team focus
• Familiarity with utilities industry and/or client operations
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field; OR four (4) years of relevant work experience is required.
• Utility or construction industry experience preferred.
• Understanding of the role of Supply Chain and how it creates value within the business
• Basic quantitative and analytical skills
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or other Supply Chain Management/ERP software
Client is seeking candidate with general sourcing experience, experience working with internal and external customers, experience issuing purchase orders, and able to learn and adapt quickly.