Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client in Savannah, GA to identify a Disaster Recovery Lead for a 12+ month contract based opportunity. The Business Technology Disaster Recovery Lead will assist in creation and building out a DR strategy and plan for their global enterprise. The DR Lead will collaboratively work with peers in creating, updating, planning, failover, disaster recovery, backup, impact analysis and overall processes for all potential disasters and/or downtime. The DR Lead will need to communicate a scalable process and procedure with the business shareholders.
1. Implementing processes to mature the enterprise disaster recovery planning program
2. Lead IT teams in testing recovery plans.
3. Lead and participate in engagements that have a strong business & technology focus.
4. Lead incident resolution within the environment, facilitating collaboration among other infrastructure and business service support teams as required.
5. Serve as an escalation point from application support teams for major incidents, and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders as required.
6. Partner with IT to design recovery process.
7. Collaborate with infrastructure engineering to evaluate and recommend tools and processes that enhance the stability and functionality of the server, storage and backup environment, ensuring that any new technologies are compatible with existing architecture and standards.
1. Five (5) years working on IT disaster recovery required.
2. Three (3) years in an IT consultant practice preferred.
3. Knowledge of VMware, AIX, EMC and Redundancy.
4. Experience managing and working in virtual team environment helpful.
5. Security+. CISSP or DRI Continuity certification (ABCP, CBCP) equivalent preferred.
NOTE: Our client requires a drug screen, background screen and a credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position.