Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client in Savannah, GA to identify a talented Project Management Professional for a 12+ month contract based opportunity. The role will work heavily with key stakeholders in IT and the client's Business Technology organization. The right candidate will be responsible for planning and executing projects according to Business Technology and business requirements. Scope of work includes project objectives, scheduling / planning, resource loading & estimation, budget, execution coordination, project metrics, and management presentations to ensure quality control throughout the project life cycle.
1. Delegates tasks and/or responsibilities to team members for action according to their level of experience and assigned accountability.
2. Demonstrated understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies (SDLC).
3. Ensures applications processes are followed consistently and are in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, standards, etc.
4. Develops, maintains, and monitors master project schedule.
5. Plan and manage cutover activities during any new project or sustaining deployment.
6. Assists in the preparation and review of Statements of Work (SOW) describing project scope, deliverables, assumptions, and estimated costs. Ensures the SOW meets the expectations of the business.
7. Identifies and manages dependencies and critical path issues and resolves outstanding issues and concerns as a result of first line management escalation.
8. Manages scope change requests and quality reviews.
1.Experience with effectively communicating to senior business management.
2. Consults with business unit management and reviews proposals to determine goals, timeline, budget, procedures, staffing requirements and assignment of resources.
3. Excellent presentation design and delivery skills.
4. Ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional teams and meetings.
5. Participates in design reviews for implementation projects.
6. Demonstrated competence in risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Proven ability to lead teams through complex solution design and delivery process.
2. Proficiency with Project Management Tools.
3. Certified Project Manager (CPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgM), and / or Scrum Master certification preferred.
NOTE: Candidates selected for project will be required to participate in a drug screen and background check. In addition, a credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.