Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client in Savannah, GA to identify, for a long term (12+ month) contract based opportunity, a Senior Level Financial Analyst. The right candidate would lead the assigned operational business areas in developing budgets and forecasts as well as understanding risks and opportunities. He/she would perform ongoing analysis and reporting of actual performance to budgets and/or forecasts. In addition, this role performs in depth analysis and provides recommendations to operational business units and financial management on area business matters.
1. Provides assistance to operational departments in budget preparation. Develops staffing and other revenue/margin/expense plans as required. in coordination with operational management.
2. Prepares reports related to operational or strategic initiatives, analyzes significant variances from planned or forecasted results and provides interpretative comments and recommendations to management.
3. Prepares accurate and timely analysis and report actual financial performance versus budgets and forecasts. Provides analysis on risks and opportunities and supports analysis on corrective actions. Performs analysis as required. to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
4. Performs in-depth analysis as required, both for operational and strategic initiatives.
5. Continually evaluates financial process to identify and implement continuous process improvements, both in support of operations and with financial processes. Capture and report savings as appropriate. Perform other duties as assigned.
Please note: A drug screen, background screen as well as a credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.