Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client in Savanah, GA to identify a Data Center Technical Technician / Analyst to work in support of Data Center operations. The right candidate will maintain, run and support Data Center and Network MDF/IDF facilities to ensure that the network and its various systems are operating effectively. This position will primarily focus on Layer 1/2 support, ISP/OSP copper, fiber and network design, new facilities implementation support, UPS and Data Center Install support.
1. Plan for, install and maintain new Data Center and Network Infrastructure equipment and management software.
2. Create and analyze Data Center infrastructure reports and alerts
3. Provides Data Center or Network Closet technical support to all Internal customers, technicians, analysts and engineers.
4. Assists with drafting, updating and following detailed work instructions relating to Data Center and Network Standards and supports installation of network copper and fiber cabling and follows and supports proper Incident and Change Management processes
5. Assists with creation of Inside Plant and Outside Plant Low Voltage specifications, drawings, estimates and SOW/RFPs defining network requirements for projects including new facilities, remodels, upgrades
6. Perform field inspections on existing & proposed Gulfstream facilities including Network MDF and IDF closets, network infrastructure and associated pathways. Audits and route investigations for new and existing copper and fiber optic cable installation
7. Assist project managers with construction management and supervision of subs and/or subcontractors
8. Install and test network copper and fiber cabling 9. Analyze and Audit new and existing copper and fiber optic cable installations against company, BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards Perform other duties as assigned.
1. 3+ years of experience in the installation and maintenance of Data Center and Network Infrastructure equipment with others
2. Experience implementing and maintaining Data Center Infrastructure Management software
3. Experience providing Data Center or Network Closet technical support to all Internal customers, technicians, analysts and engineers
4. Hands on experience with installation of network copper and fiber cabling
5. Ability to understand and support proper Incident and Change Management processes
6. Successful experience drafting, updating and following detailed work instructions relating to Data Center and Network Standards
7. Experience and ability to perform field inspections on existing & proposed Gulfstream facilities including Network MDF and IDF closets, network infrastructure and associated pathways
8. CDCDP Certification (preferred).
9. Solid understanding of the ITIL Change Management Process.
10. Excellent analytical, assessment, planning, verbal and written communications skills.11. Good understanding of corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
11. One or more of the following certifications BICSI Inst I or II, or RTPM (preferred).
NOTE: A drug screen, criminal background screen and credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.