Velocity Staff, Inc. is currently seeking an IT Infrastructure Lead for a contract based opportunity in downtown Kansas City, MO. The right candidate will be responsible for leading cross departmental Infrastructure delivery for one or more technology projects to completion by collaborating with a Program or Project Manager and both IT and business team members. This includes providing process guidance for implementation of servers, databases, networking, information security and other infrastructure components as needed.
In addition, the right candidate will have the following responsibilities:
o Lead collaboration efforts and coordination across integration components (hardware, software, network, security, data base, etc.)
o The IT Infrastructure Lead will ensure that all infrastructure components are documented accurately and consistently with other concurrent projects for the client.
o Apply architectural and operational practices to projects consistent with corporate architectural and operational standards, processes and procedures.
o Provide IT infrastructure status and reporting
o Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
o Deliver technical infrastructure scope documentation for projects
o Manage project related technical infrastructure risks and issues
o Facilitate resource planning and the allocation of appropriate infrastructure resources to the project within IT and participate in development/maintenance of Infrastructure specific tasks/timeline.
o Manage vendor technical infrastructure interface and integration across components
o Facilitate and coordinate delivery of the required development, testing and production environments according to the project plan
o Coordinate procurment of necessary hardware and software components via responsible parties
o Participate in the development of the System Requirement Document including performance management o Foster communication between all IS, I, Business teams, QA, vendors, PMO and executive teams
o Ensure that the Project Guiding Principles are embraced by business teams at all levels
o Facilitate the development of detailed technical infrastructure design, including vendor components
o Participate in project Go/No Go decisions
• Knowledge and applicable experience with mulitple company standard infrastructure technologies or similar platforms; such as Cisco enterprise LAN/WAN gear, Windows/Linux/Unix O/S, Information security tools/firewalls, load balancing, Cisco networking, and enterprise application environment and environment management.
• Understands and considers business goals, corporate IT standards, department strategy, service level agreements, EVA’s and budgetary implications.
• Knowledge of configuration management and extensive project management experience.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other departments.
• Effective project team member, assuming leadership roles for projects as required.
• Takes the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to infrastructure/architecture problems and challenges.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4 years infrastructure project management and infrastructure project implementation