Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client in downtown Kansas City to identify an IT Security Analyst who will be responsible for specific assignments related to developing, implementing, documenting and monitoring information security controls. The desired candidate will have experience deploying and managing firewalls and will have experience with other security technologies.
* Under general supervision, support and administer information security controls, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems for corporate information assets.
* Increase information security awareness within the corporation by designing, developing and presenting training on all aspects of information security.
* Identify possible threats to information systems and supporting communication networks by analyzing results produced by using technical security monitoring tools.
* Assist in the analysis and reporting of computer forensics investigations.
* Contribute to the effectiveness of the Information Security Program by assisting with the documentation and implementation of plans that deter security threats and minimize the impact of a system breach.
* Ensure that information security activities, functions, plans and recommendations meet the risk posture of the corporation and the goals and performance measurements of the Information Security Department.
* Ensure protection of corporate assets by assisting with the Information Security business function.
* Ensure that corporate policies, standards and guidelines are being followed by coordinating compliance activities with other Information Security Analysts, Human Resources, departmental management and other departments.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
* Ability to communicate across the organization and to include outside counterparts in other businesses industry-wide.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of effective awareness activities that maintain a high interest from the participants.
* Continues to remain current knowledge of new technologies and corporate information systems as they affect information security.