Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our end client in downtown Kansas City, MO to identify a Compliance Analyst that would support IT Sox Compliance efforts for the organization. The right candidate would support the IT Division staff in meeting compliance obligations as well as provide support to ensure compliance with obligations involving Information Technology systems that support the utility systems and SOX application environments. This is a 12+ month contract based opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning – 10%
• Help with specific assignments related to developing, implementing, documenting and monitoring compliance activities for Information Technology.
• Help with specific assignments related to developing, implementing, documenting and monitoring Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) program activities for the Company.
Project Support – 20%
• Assist in audit preparation, evidence preparation and participate in onsite audits.
• Aid in ensuring the compliance activities, functions, plans and recommendations meet the risk posture of the corporation and the goals and performance measurements of the Information Systems Compliance Department.
Suppport/Operations – 70%
• Under general supervision, validate the effectiveness of generally accepted information security and compliance controls.
• With guidance, increase compliance awareness within the corporation by assisting in the design, development and presentation of training on all aspects of compliance.
• Identify possible compliance issues to information systems and supporting communication networks.
• Gather initial compliance investigation documentation as needed.
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the compliance program by assisting with the documentation and implementation of departmental procedures.
• Assist in ensuring corporate policies, standards and guidelines are being followed by helping with the coordination of compliance activities with other Information Technology Compliance Analysts, Human Resources, departmental management and other departments.
• Supports daily, quarterly and annual CIP quality assurance related activities
• Performs other related duties as required including mentoring/support of other employees and contractors that have compliance related obligations.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to communicate across the organization and to include outside counterparts in other businesses industry-wide.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative
• Establishes cooperative relationships with members of other teams.
• Maintains knowledge of new technologies and corporate information systems as they impact the Company’s compliance obligations.
• Maintains knowledge of industry regulations and corporate policies and how they affect Company information systems.
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions adapting quickly searching for alternative and/or innovative solutions to changing priorities.
• Areas of special emphasis include, but are not limited to, NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
• Skills in computer software, technical aptitude, and the ability to learn and utilize new software systems are required.
• Required to function independently with general supervision and direction to analyze information and report variances.
• Effective oral and written communication skills are necessary, especially the ability to present technical information to an audience with a broad range of information technology experience.
• Expeience using change management or ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow, to receive and document work performed.
• Experience working with Tripwire, used for configuration and management of computer systems baselines helpful, but not required.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other compliance certification a plus.
• Strong MS Office expertise
• The incumbent must pass a criminal and employment background investigation