Velocity Staff, Inc is working with our client in downtown Kansas City, Missouri to identify a talented System's Administrator with strong QA/Functional Testing expertise. He/She will participate in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a cost effective, long-term testing strategy and framework promoting reusable components, low maintenance costs, high efficiency and scalability. The right candidate would be responsible for HP Application Lifecycle Management, HP Unified Function Testing, Developing and executing test framework for HP UFT and the ability to perform complex workflow using VBScripting, SQL and Excel Macros. In addition, this position plays a key role in designing, encoding, testing and documenting the development and modification of software quality applications.
This position provides application expertise and support for quality assurance system applications/business functions.
• Uses analytical skills, advanced knowledge of VBScripting, Structured Query Language (SQL) and Excel Macro to perform complex workflow analysis as well as capture, analyze and communicate metrics for IT-QA
• Develop, document and execute reusable test cases and procedures for automated tests using HP ALM
• Support improving and driving HP Application Lifecycle Management usage, best practices and enhancements for Information Technology Quality Assurance (QA)
• Uses analytical skills, advanced knowledge of VBScripting,Structured Query Language (SQL) and Excel Macro to perform complex workflow analysis as well as capture, analyze and communicate metrics for IT-QA
• Presents ALM Architecture proposals to the IT Architecture team when new application requirements propose a change in System Architecture.
• Collaborates with various internal teams (QA team, IT teams) and external (business units) teams on improvement efforts and reporting on trends.
• Serves as liaison with the teams, vendors, the Business and the Business Analysts on technical issues and approaches as well as recommends quality improvements.
• Understands and contributes to long-term product and system vision from the business perspective and is responsible for the technical roadmap activities for ALM and assuring that any new development being done to the platform aligns with the IT roadmap.
* This position will utilize experience in environment design, implementation administration, upgrade and operations.
• Stays current best practices and new technology developments.